Friday, February 03, 2012

3 Month Old!

My little Mark is 3 months old! I can’t believe how fast time has gone. You are doing so much more. I love to watch you play and babble on your play mat. I love to see you smile. The best part of my day is when I go to get you out of your crib in the morning. As soon as you see me over your crib, you smile and move your arms and legs around like you are SO excited to see me. It just makes me forget how hard it is to wake up in the middle of the night to feed you.
You are getting easier and easier take care of. There is a definite difference in your needs from the first 2 months to now. I can put you down and you will entertain yourself for about 15-30 minutes before you will start to be fussy. I now go down for naps without me having to hold you. I can even get you to nap 2-3 hours at a time without having to hold you.

I haven’t really shown us your personality yet, but you are interacting with us a lot more. You love for me to sing and talk to you. I love your open mouth smiles. I love the way you get so excited for your baths. I love to see how you are growing to a healthy and happy. I love that I will be able to watch you discover new things every day. Happy 3 month birthday and I look forward to getting to know you more and more. Love you so much!




What you are doing:

1. Smiling!

2. Starting to bat at objects – you’ve discovered that you can use your hands to reach out and touch things. You prefer using your left hand so I’m trying to get you to discover that your right hand and do things too

3. Sitting up on the swing

4. Playing on your own on your play mat

5. You can hold your head up for a few minutes on your tummy – you don’t like tummy time, but you will tolerate 4-5 minutes of it

6. You are babbling up a storm and I love it!

Sleep: Normally you will sleep at 9pm and wake up for a bottle at 2am, go back to sleep and wake up at 5:30am for another bottle then back to sleep until about 7am. You are napping for longer periods of time.

Feeding: You are eating 4-5 oz. about every 3-4 hours. We are giving you Nutramigen, which is not cheap. Luckily, Daddy can get for free from his connection. Yay for Daddy.

Stats:

I don’t have a current stat, but based on your last check-up, here’s where I think you are at:

Weight – 13-14lbs.

Length – 25 inches

Diaper size: 2

You are wearing size 3-6 month clothes. You’ve completely outgrown newborn – 3 months old clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment