Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

What an awesome weekend. I know I’ve started several posts with this line, but this weekend was really wonderful. I guess I’m just lucky. I had a great Mother's Day and got unique gifts from both Michael and Matthew. Matthew made me a key chain that he was so excited about that he gave it to me last Thursday.  I got a book fo coupons from my Michael.  I love getting these things from them and I look forward to it every year!

On Saturday, we dropped the boys off at Grandpa’s and M and I went to lunch in Dallas. Then it was off to the Ritz-Carlton for some pool time. It was a bit crowded there, but we managed to find some prime lounging seats with shade. We just hung out by the pool and relaxed for a few hours.

After that we went back to our room and got ready for dinner at Fearing’s. Then it was off to see “Something Borrowed” at Northpark. It was such a cute movie. Even M really liked it. I read the book years ago and this is one of the few movies that is as good as the book. There’s suppose to be sequel, so I’m looking forward to seeing that one as well.

We slept in until 7 Sunday morning and then had breakfast at this place called the Dream Café. It was such a beautiful morning that decided to eat outside.

Then we spent the rest of Sunday at Grandpa’s house. The kids went swimming and played outside most of the day since it was gorgeous outside. It was very relaxing and I snuck in a couple of cat naps while the kids played.

M had planned out the weekend so wonderfully. I was very surprised when he first told me he planned an overnight date for us. Usually, I would have to suggest it, but this time he actually did it without any prompting. And it turned out to be exactly what I needed. He’s a keeper after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment