Tuesday, June 23, 2020

What We've Been Doing

It's been a rainy start to our week here. So much so that we've discovered that we have some leaks all around the house. Yikes! Not fun at all. 

I do love the cooler weather especially since we will not be going on any vacations this summer. So many summer vacations planned cancelled. Oh well - I know it could be worse.

Anyway, we are chugging right along here. Summer has been uneventful and since Michael has decided not to play club soccer anymore, there hasn't been many activities to get to.

This past week, we celebrated Matthew's 15th birthday! He has been taking his driver's education online and has completed the 6 hours needed to get a permit. Bad news is I couldn't get an appointment for him at the DPS until early August to get his permit. Good news? He doesn't really care about driving too much.
Speaking of DPS, Michael finally got his official license last Wednesday. It was a huge ordeal - 2 years in the making. When he passed his driving test, the DPS offices were still closed so we sent his paperwork to the central office to process. I emailed 3 weeks after we sent it off and they told it hasn't even been opened. Luckily, had a feeling that something like this would happen so I made an appointment for him right when DPS offices started opening up. So now he can officially drive without me in the car!

Me and the big boys also volunteered a few more days at Feed Our Kids. They were not happy about getting up earlier than usual.


We've been swimming a lot around here! This little guy loves the water! He's also learned to ride his two-wheeler bike so he's been out doing that with the neighbor kids almost everyday when it's not wet outside. "Learn" is probably not the right word. He just decided to get on a 2-wheeler one evening and started riding it. Not falls, no fuss. He just got on and did it, just like how Matthew "learned" to ride. So proud of him!




We went over to G-pa's house on Father's Day to wish him a happy Father's Day. We don't usually make a big deal out of these Hallmark holidays. I just wanted a nice picture of them which they agreed to pretty easily - I think they know there's no point in fighting it anymore. Ha!

Yesterday, we took a road trip to Turner Falls with our good friends, the Morrisons. I've read about Turner Falls for about a year now and wanted to check it out. I didn't really know what to expect because some reviews say it was amazing and others warned that it was busy and dirty. My opinion leaned towards the latter review. 

I think the kids had fun, but they were not impressed that they were not able to jump off the water falls. The water grossed me out a little too. I would probably not go back.


On our way back home, we decided to stop at Buc-ee's. I got some Beaver Nuggets for the first time. I can't believe I've waited this long to discover it!

Our little raised-bed garden is doing really well! We have lots of jalapeƱos and tomatoes. I'm so excited that these are ripening up AND we are getting more new itty-bitty tomatoes. I have basil and rosemary in there too and we've used it several times since we planted them. Now I want another bed for next Spring and Summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment