Friday, September 20, 2013

TGIF - It's a Nice Rainy One

Happy Friday!  It's raining and I love it. I'm happy that it's starting to cool down and that I don't have to go out and water the flowerbeds.

It's going to be a busy weekend.  Michael has a soccer game in Dallas, Matthew has his first baseball game ever, and then throw in a birthday party all in one day.  Phew! It's definitely not summer anymore.

It's been kind of a blah week-mostly because I'm trying to keep up with the kids schoolwork.  It's been a little bumpy.  The summer break has really thrown them out of their routine and I need to help them focus on staying on track.  I had a meeting with Matthew's QUEST teacher yesterday.  She wanted me to know that Matthew is having a hard time focusing and is falling behind. I asked her what we can do to help him focus-does she have any tools that we can use?  Of course she has no idea and just gave me some BS answer about how I can break up the work into increments, blah, blah.  Did not answer my question at all. I'm just going to have to help him myself.

While the boys were in school, Mark and I ran all over town running errands and doing some fun things for him.  We went to a couple of story times at the Grapevine and Southlake libraries.  I love the children's area in the Grapevine library-they have a play area and lots of tables with puzzles and interactive toys. They also have a computer area with educational games for the little kiddos.

Last Friday, we attended our first neighborhood playdate at LegoLand! Mark is still too young to actually play with other kids, but he had so much fun building with the legos and watching the other kids play.  He loved putting his little lego car down the ramp! There was a lot of squealing from him!

I'll be hosting today's playdate at the Grapevine Library.  My original plan was to go to Casey's Clubhouse but because of the rain, I had to switch it to an indoor meet area.  I'm looking forward to it!

These are some random pictures from this week.  Every time Mark sees the camera he says "cheese" and then says, "I see, I see" because he wants to see himself.


This is what we do almost every morning - he gets down from the bed, runs to the top of the back stairs, stands there calling out "mom, mom, mom" until I go get him.  Then we watch a little "tee-tee" before we go and get his "wabbles" or "yogo" for breakfast.

We were getting ready to go to Grapevine Mills to return something and he wanted to wear my hat.  So CUTE! He would've been such a pretty little girl....


I snapped a couple of pictures of him playing after story time.  He loved to see other kids.  He got so excited! That Elmo shirt? It was Michael's and he loved it.  Then it was passed down to Matthew who also loved it.  Now it's Mark's and he LOVES it.  He asks to wear it EVERY day. Fortunately, he gets it when I explain to him that he can't because it needs to be washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment