Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy Monday!

Yes, it is July and the temperature is going to be in the 80s for most of the week.  Oh, and the beautiful rain will continue to come down too.  I'm so happy I can cry.  My roses were looking so bad because of the heat and sparse watering.  I'm hoping this reprieve from the usual summer heat will give them time to recover.

We had a pretty mellow weekend.  The boys went to see Despicable Me 2 with their g-parents on Friday while Mark stayed home with me and hung out. When my in-laws got back from the movies with the boys, we all went out to dinner at Italiani's. Mark was so funny at dinner.  He was still finishing up his food when the waiter came to take some plates out of the way.  Mark did not like that at all. He kept screaming, "I eat! I eat!" Meaning "You stay away from me. I'm still eating, you idiot!" Then he saw the dessert platter and kept screaming, "Cake! Cake!"

I went to a yoga class for the first time in a very long time and I am so sore.  But it's a good kind of sore and I'm so happy to be going to the gym again.  I was looking in the mirror this morning and noticed that my waist is not as it once was. Actually, a lot of things are not what they once were, but I was focused on my waistline this morning.  I try to not to get too hung up things that change with age, but going to the gym makes me feel like I have some control.

Oh, and glorious Sunday!  I woke up to rain, sweet rain.  I was like a giddy little girl on Christmas morning.  What a perfect morning it was.  Mark was still asleep so I took the paper and my coffee outside and sat on our patio while the rain pitter and pattered on the roof and on the trees. The rest of the day was pretty lame.  We hung out at the house and one of the boys' friends came over for most of the afternoon.

It's going to be a good week and I'm looking forward to enjoying more rain and cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment