Friday, March 01, 2013

A Day in My Life


Fun Link-up at Kelly’s Korner – “Day In the Life.”  I haven’t done one in a long time so I thought I’s join in.

This was my day on Wednesday.

5:30 – M woke up, got ready, and left for the airport.  I tried going back to sleep, but after lying in bed for another 20 minutes, I decided to get my day started. I gave Marky a kiss (he sleeps in our bed) and made sure his nuk-nuk was still in his mouth.

6:20 – 6:40 – Got up, got dressed, brushed my teeth, put on make-up and went to wake up Matthew and Michael.  Luckily, they are so good about getting up in the morning. They are alert right away and get dressed on their own most of the time.  Most mornings, they are up and dressed and are downstairs having breakfast when I finished getting ready. Sometimes, we have drama because of wardrobe choices.  They want to wear shorts and t-shirts when it’s 20 degrees outside. I want them to wear jeans. I’m so mean and crazy because 20 degrees is not cold at all.

6:40 – 7:10 – I made my coffee, put the boys lunch in their backpack (I packed it the night before), and reminded the boys to go brush their teeth – it usually take me telling them 3 times to get them upstairs.

7:15 – 7:20 – I gathered my things that I’m taking to work with me (purse, phone, coffee) and leave it on my desk so I don’t forget anything. Told the boys to get their stuff together and get their shoes and jackets on.

7:25 – Sarah arrived. The boys and I walk up the street to the bus stop.

7:30 – 7:40 – Made sure the boys are on the bus safely, walked back home, gave Sarah a briefing of Marky’s night and am off to work! I don’t usually get to see my baby boy again until I get home because he’s still asleep when I leave the house.

7:40 – 8:15 – Driving in traffic to Dallas. On a good day, my commute is about 35 minutes.  On a bad day it can take an over an hour.  Wednesday was a good day. Monday was a bad day.

8:15 – 5:20ish – Work, work, work.  We had a sales training, but I had to leave early to go meet with a client.  Came back to the office and had another hour of training.  Got lunch and worked some more.

5:30 – 6:10 – Driving home in traffic.  Had to have the in-laws take Matthew to practice today because I know I would not be able to do it.  They came to pick him and Michael up at 5:30 to take them to Meadowmere Park.

6:11 – Got home, gave Mark a kiss and ran upstairs for a quick shower before Sarah has to leave at 6:30.

6:20 – Made something to eat-don’t remember what…

6:30 – Sarah left. Mark and I hang out/play/snack/watched TV

7:10 – 7:45 Boys got dropped off and headed to the shower right away. I started getting ready for the next morning; packed lunches, got coffee maker ready, cleaned up the kitchen.  Mark is usually playing with the Tupperware and the pots and pans while I’m doing these things.

7:45-8:30 – Michael, Mark and me chilled out in the family room while Matthew is upstairs on playing on the computer

8:30-8:45 – Boys got ready for bed

8:30 – 8:45 – I put Marky to bed

8:45 -9:00 – I went to check on the boys and hung out with them in bed for a little bit.  This is the time we talk about their days.  One of my favorite times of the day when they are usually more open to talking to me about their day and what is on their minds

9:00 – 9:30 – Read my book

9:30-9:45 – Got ready for bed and asleep by 10.  Exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment