Friday, October 29, 2010

Finally, A Gap!

Happy, Happy Friday! This is a big weekend for my little Matthew. He is so very excited about Halloween. The first words out of his mouth this morning was, “Two more days until Halloween!” When he’s that excited, it’s hard not be look forward to Halloween myself. They both will be dressing up as knights this year. Michael is a little more subdued about Halloween. He hasn’t really said much about it, but I think he’ll change his tune when the candy starts rolling in.


The boys have a “Book Parade” today instead of a Halloween parade. They get to dress up as a character from a book and parade around the school. Drama, drama! Mostly on my part. No one else seemed to care. First, Michael was OK with being a knight (I had planned on getting a book with knights in it). So I thought I had it all planned out. Yesterday, little man decided that he wanted to be a Chinese boy from the book “Seven Chinese Brothers.” I had to come up with the Chinese costume in 2 hours? No chance. To make a long story short, I ended up going to the bookstore and finding a “Flat Stanley” book. The costume for Flat Stanley? Jeans and a green long sleeve shirt. Perfect! Easy, and Michael agreed to it! Matthew was drama free, which is unusual for him (i.e. this morning, he did not want to wear his jeans because it was touching the ground when he walked). He was a knight from the Narnia book.

In other news, Michael got 2 teeth pulled on Tuesday. One of his bottom tooth was lose and before it can fall out, his new tooth popped up behind the lose tooth. I’m hoping that it will move into position without the need for braces. Michael is so proud of the big gap in his mouth now. I think he has been waiting a couple of years now to get that gap. He loves to show it off!


Completely off on a tangent, last night, while M was giving them a shower, this was the exchange he heard between Matthew and Michael.

Michael: Matthew you are a tattle-tale

Matthew: At least I’m not a liar!

These boys crack me up everyday and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment