Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Luck

I found out that the Giants CAN play the Rangers for the World Series. It looks like that scenario could very well happen. Giants are up 2-1 and Rangers are up 2-1. Who will I cheer for if this happens? Oh, this will not be an easy decision…

M’s dad visited us last week and bought a house not 2 minutes away. Not sure when they will close, but it looks like they will be around for the Christmas Holidays so we may go over to CA to spend Thanksgiving with me family. Of course, we already told my parents we may send the kids to them over the Christmas break so M and I can go on a nice trip. But if we do that, we will be leaving M’s dad by himself for his first Christmas in TX. Dilemmas, dilemmas. I guess if this is my biggest family issue, that’s not such a bad thing.

I was talking to some of the parents at Michael’s soccer practice yesterday. One of the moms was talking about her upcoming trip to Disneyland so we all pipe in about the rides and the time wasted waiting in lines. She said something that struck me and I can’t stop thinking about it. She said they were lucky because her younger son has autism and because of that, they don’t have to wait in line and that they get special treatment from the rest of the staff. I know that the point of that comment was to give the Disneyland people a compliment more than anything else, but when I heard that, I thought to myself, “I don’t think I want that kind of luck.” I will gladly wait in line for hours and have staff people treat me poorly anytime as long as my children are healthy. I am LUCKY and BLESSED to have such wonderfully healthy and strong-willed boys. I must never forget that. Even when I feel like they are trying to drive me to the loony bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment