Monday, October 04, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

We were all soccered out this weekend. Both the boys had two games each in 3 days and I’m all tuckered out. Although, I must admit, I did enjoy watching them play. Plus, the weather was AWESOME! After almost a month-long bout of 100+degree weather, this was a change for the better.

In other news, big congrats to my bro for getting hitched last weekend. I’m sure it was beautiful and everyone had a great time. I’m sorry I missed it.

Because I knew I wouldn’t die of heat stroke, I took the opportunity to do some outside planting. Well, container gardening because we are not sure what to do about the landscaping yet. I think it turned out pretty nice. I planted a gardenia shrubs in each container and used petunias to give it a little color. Then, I found some old terra cotta pots and put in some begonias. I also bought some mums just to hedge my bet. One of these will certainly stay alive for, right? I haven’t really had too much luck with container plants, but I have a good feeling about this.