Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Ramblings

We had a great weekend as always. The weather was again AWESOME, and Michael played great at his soccer game. Not too much going on at the Fisher household. I just love this time of the year because the weather is so great. We could've spent all day outside if we wanted to and Michael pretty much did. I bet he was inside for maybe 3 hours each day. He loves to be outside. Of course, it helps that there’s a TV out on our patio to keep him company.


Matty, on the other hand, prefers to be inside. He spent a lot of time on the Wii this weekend. He’s not really an outside person so I force him to go outside as much as possible. We had a nice bike ride around the lake yesterday. Well, nice until they decided that it was a good idea to run through some sprinklers. Always into to something…

Matty said one of the sweetest things about his brother last night. I think it’s one of those moments that doesn’t or wouldn’t mean much to anybody except for me as their mother. They were in bed and I went to check on them like I always do when I think they are asleep. Matthew, for one reason or another, was still awake (but barely) at 10:30pm. Michael was sound asleep. I went over and whispered to Matthew not to wake his bother up. He looked over a sleeping Michael, smiled, and said, “He’s so cute.” This really warmed my heart and shows me how much they love each other. I know that they love each other, but just to see the different ways they express that love is nothing short of amazing. That was one of the best birthday gift ever.

We also interviewed a couple of girls to be the boys’ part-time nanny this weekend. I was really torn on whether to leave them in their current afterschool program or take them out and hire an afterschool nanny. There were pros and cons to both, but in the end, I think it would be easier on us (and our wallet) to hire a nanny. The kids are excited to be coming home afterschool instead of going to a daycare center. I’m not completely comfortable with the idea yet, but I think it it’s better than the daycare alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment