Monday, April 20, 2020

Monday Mash Up

Happy Monday! Are you losing track of the days like I am these day? We had a good weekend. The weather the was great which made me a little happier. I did some baking and some cooking.

Yesterday, I baked some cookies and banana bread and made a lasagna. Not everyone ate it - Mark won't touch it and Michael says he hates it. So I basically made a complicated home-made lasagna for 3 people. Good news? we can have it for lunch the next day. The bad news? Matthew decided he didn't want lasagna for lunch so we were down another man.





I have found that getting up early during the week and having some down time before getting the boys started on their days have made me a happier, more sane person. It only took me a few weeks to figure this out - haha! So now, I wake up, have my coffee, see what is ahead of us for the day. Then I do my virtual workout. We don't get started with school until about 10:30.

We work for about 2 hours and then it's lunch time. After lunch, they are free to do whatever they want. Mark plays on his iPad with his friends and the other two boys go upstairs and I don't see them again until they come down for a snack or to ask me what's for dinner - haha!

For the first couple of weeks, I was beating myself for not having more family time, but I'm over it. They don't want to and it gives me a break to watch some shows and work on projects.

Michael and I planted planted a veggie garden. He made a raised garden bed last year and it's pretty darn good. I love it.

We tried planted squash, cucumbers, tomatoes and some bell peppers last year. It was a bust. The tomatoes had lots of flowers but never produced any fruit. Cucumbers would have itty bitty cucumbers and then it would shrivel up before it was ready to be picked. Same thing with the squash. So this year, Michael decided to that we should just plant tomatoes and jalapeños - he planted 4 jalapeños plants. It's for his jalapeño margaritas. I better get a lot of darn margaritas out of those 4 plants. Just sayin'.....


No comments:

Post a Comment