Friday, April 24, 2020

Friday Favorites



Good morning, Friday! To be honest, Friday is still my favorite day of the week, even during quarantine. It's like the first bite of a piece of my favorite dessert - so good and I know that there's still more to come.

I'm playing along with Erika and Andrea this week to highlight some on my favorites.

{ONE}
Waking up and having some quiet time to myself in the morning. The weather here has been picture perfect. I go out onto the patio, have my coffee and work on my blog for a little while before going into the garage for my virtual workout. This leads me to my next favorite.

{TWO}
I have been working out with Camp Gladiator off and on for a couple of years. Mostly off. I didn't sign up until last October mainly because I didn't think it would make it to their workouts enough to make it worth the membership fee. Well, now that we are in quarantine, I have been working out at least 4 times a week and I'm feeling stronger.

{THREE}
I love these tennis shoes. I've had my Nike AirMax for almost 3 years now and they've been great. I can probably still wear them for another 1 year, but I was getting bored with them so I got these Reeboks. Getting new shoes is a favorite.

{FOUR}
This boy's "new" haircut is a favorite. During soccer season, Michael wanted to get a mullet. I was not a big fan, but I agreed. I didn't realize how ugly a mullet could be until I saw it in real life. Then I realized that soccer season will run through Christmas so his mullet will be in holiday pictures. I nearly had a heart attack. But let me tell you, that mullet was loved by all (except his mama) and it earned this almost cult following. The soccer moms nicknamed him the "Mullet Magic." The team all chipped in to get him the money to maintain that mullet, and Coach drove him to the barber shop to get it trimmed. Opposing fans even took to shouting at him to "cut it off!" as an insult.

Anyway, after the season was cancelled, he agreed to let M give him a buzz cut. I think he looks much better without the mullet, but I do miss the "Mullet Magic" mystique. Haha!

{FIVE}
Homemade pizza is a new favorite. I've been trying to find new things to make for the boys and discovered that homemade pizza is pretty easy. I buy the pizza dough from Trader Joe's and can customize the toppings for each kid. Michael is likes the classic pepperoni pizza and Matthew loves the Margherita pizza. I even use fresh basil from our garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment