Saturday, April 18, 2020

COVID 19 Pandemic

My goodness. It's been a hot minute since my last post. So many events and milestones have passed that I haven't documented. Thank goodness for Facebook. The boys can get a quick catch-up from that if they ever feel the need. While it's true it's been busy, the real reason is that I wanted to backtrack and write about things that have happen since my last post. Every time I think about catching up the task seems to be too much to handle so it kept putting off. All that to say that it's been a long time and I won't be able to catch you all up. So, I'm going to start fresh.

Today is the start of the 4th week of quarantine and will start the 4th week of online learning for my boys. We got word from our governor that schools will be closed for the rest of the year. Which means no end of school events, no more soccer playoffs and so many other things that I know a lot of kids were looking forward to. It's such a sad time for them and also for us parents.

This COVID 19 pandemic is such a strange time. We are getting along fine with the shelter in place order. In fact, I think my boys are living their best lives. A couple hours of schoolwork and then the rest of the day to play video games or watch Youtube. In all honesty, I'm enjoying not having to drive them from one activity to the next.

The worst part about this whole thing is that I'm having to cook more than I normally would. So I guess you can say I have a blessed life when my biggest problem is figuring out what to feed my kids. I know that there are many families out there who have it much worse.

I don't know when we will be allowed to do everyday normal things again, but in the meantime, I will take this time to start posting again and carry on and wait to see how things shake out.

No comments:

Post a Comment