Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Hello October!

Holy cow - I blinked and it turned into October! I love, love, love this time of the year. Not just because it's my birthday month either.

I love that the days starts to get shorter, the weather starts to get cooler, the trees turn colors and the anticipation of family holidays coming up. I love that it's football and tailgating season, festivals and pumpkin patch season. An I love the colors of autumn.



We started October hitting the ground running. Up first was the Grove Games pep rally that a friend and I organized for Mark's school. This was the kick-off to the school's fall fundraising event. It turned out so great! Thanks to the help of the Dragon drum line, cheerleaders and Coach McDade, we got the kids FIRED up to go ask their families for money. Haha, you're welcome, parents. Charlie the Dragon and Reliant Man also made appearances. I just love kids at this age when they just believe so much!

These friends met before going into school because both their mamas were foolish enough to volunteer on the Grove Games committee. Just kidding. I do love organizing these events and I love that I get to do it with friends!

Mark and his classmates were so excited for the pep rally to start.

I get to work with these PTO moms. We are missing Erin in this picture...


Our high school basketball coach, Coach McDade, gave us his time and did his thing to get the kids excited about the prizes they can win!

Erin and I got to demonstrate the obstacle course race to the kids and teachers! Mark said he cheered for the both of us because he didn't want his friend Ryleigh to be upset if Erin didn't win. So sweet!


I caught up with this cutie for a picture before he had to head back to class. 


The pep rally team picture with Charlie and Reliant Man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment