Thursday, October 18, 2018

40 + 2 = Celebration Time

This was the first year in a long time where we really celebrated my birthday for a couple of weeks. It was not intended to be like that, but because it has been such a busy month, we've had to find time for the birthday lunches and dinners.  Happy birthday to me!

We kicked off my birthday weekend with dinner at Del Frisco's with these handsome guys on Friday.

My only request to M for my birthday was that I get a good family picture. It almost did not happen. We managed to get one after I threw a hissy fit. Whatever it takes....

M had a taste of the oysters when we went out to celebrate our anniversary and know he is obsessed with oysters. So of course we had to order these.

A special birthday treat. So good!

On Saturday, Mark and I went shopping for flowers at Lowe's. We needed to get some mums for the front entrance of our house. While we were there, we saw so many monarch butterflies. I guess it's the time of the year they are migrating south.
On Sunday, I got to spend some time with Michael for his YMSL meeting. This one was at the Municipal Courthouse and he had to dress up. They were doing a mock court hearing and I felt that the got a lot of good information if they had paid attention to the judge. Most of the boys were not...

Michael and Michael all dressed up.

On Tuesday, Corie and Jennie took me out to celebrate with a birthday lunch in Roanoke at a place called Classic Cafe. Such a cute restaurant with rocking chairs on the front porch. They serve all local ingredients and it was very nice. These ladies made me feel so special.

Another birthday treat. Haha.

Then the next day, I had lunch with my little tribe. I am so thankful for them.

Aren't these flowers pretty? I got these from the ladies of Southlake Women's Club.

I am very grateful to be part of this group of ladies. I'm having so much fun. being on the board and getting to know these very accomplished women. That's officer Upton in the picture. He's the guys who is famous for the hilarious SPD social media posts.


I had a great birthday and a great 41st year and cheers to another great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment