Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Camera


This is a really silly little post just to remind myself to be more of an optimist.  This is a story about how our camera found its way home with help from kind-hearted Dragons. 

A couple of weeks ago, we all went to see the Dragon football team play at the Birdville Stadium.  We decided to bring our nice, expensive camera with the zoom so we can capture this game to remember. 
We had a great time.  We brought a pizza with us and tailgated in the parking lot.  The stadium was packed, but we were fortunate enough to find seats behind the Belle and Band section.  Best of all, the Dragons won in a close game and we left the stadium happy thinking about going to the next round of the playoffs.

The next day, I had this sinking feeling and realized that we may have left the camera under the bleacher.  I quick check in our car confirmed my feeling.  I was so upset, not only did I lose the camera, but also the pictures that I never downloaded. 

I called the Birdville School District hoping that someone had picked it up and turned it in to the lost and found, but was told that there was no camera. I pretty much convince myself that the camera was a goner and was really bummed.

Then, on Tuesday I got a phone call on my cell from Mrs. Meacham, a Kindergartner teacher at the boys’ school.  She asked if I was at the game on Saturday and I said yes.  She asked if I was missing something and my heart skipped a beat.  She had my camera!

Apparently, after we left, her neighbor saw the camera and picked it up.  They went through the pictures and recognized Ms. Neathery in one of the pictures.  They took the camera and showed Ms. Neathery and she recognized Michael in one of the other pictures. And that’s how my camera found its way home

 It’s such a great story that I had to write about it to remember how fortunate we are to be part of the Dragon family.  I am so proud to be able to say that we live in Southlake and to be part of this wonderful community.

M and the boys at the game WITH the camera.


No Camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment