Thursday, December 13, 2012

13 Month (Close Enough)


This is a couple of weeks late, but the pictures are close to 12/3.  At least I’ve got that down.  I figured I get a little bit of break because I’m back at work.

What are you up to now that you are a full 13-month old? Lots of stuff.  You are like a sponge.  You are doing a couple of signing – more and eat.  You are running and climbing all over.  You can now get off the sofa on your own.  You are not talking yet and you have not really said anything new since last month, but I know you understand what we are saying to you. You do a lot of pointing to get us to do what you want.

You are having a tough month so far because of your teething.  You added 2 more bottom teeth and I just know that a couple of molars are coming in.  You have been so cranky and clingy lately.  I think a lot of it has to do with me going back to work too. 

You are sleeping better.  You take a bottle before bed at around 9pm and will sleep until about 12:30am to 1am.  Then you will go back to sleep until about 4-5am. BUT just last night, you only had that bottle before you went to sleep.  We may be making progress!

You still love to hear me sing.  You love the “Itsy-Bitsy Spider” and “Heads, Shoulder, Knees and Toes.” Last night Sarah told me that you know where your eyes and your nose were, but when Michael tried to get you to show me, you just pointed to your head.  Hmmm…

And you are a dancing machine! Anytime music comes on, you bounce up and down and pump your arms up and down. Daddy gets a huge kick out of that. and he's jealous that you have more rhythm than him. Haha. You are mesmerized every time "Gagnam Style" comes on. It's so funny!

I think one of the funniest things that you do right now is whenever you get hurt anywhere on your body, you point to your head.  If you fall down and hurt your knee, you will point to your head if I ask you where your booboo is. Hilarious.

You are drinking exclusively whole milk now.  We weaned you off the formula and we are saving a bunch of money.  Haha. You are eating table food but still snack on the Gerber finger food snacks (sweet potato stars).  You love my roasted chicken, but no fish.  You will eat pork and steak sometimes, but I think your favorite this week are roast beef and turkey I get from Market Street.  No veggies, but you love fruits (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, tangerines, pomegranates, and bananas).  We haven’t fed you a fruit that you didn't like.

Since we haven’t gone to the doctor, I’m not really sure of your stats.  You probably gained less than a pound from last month and you haven’t really grown that much so let’s just a assume that you are about the same size and weight. 

Even though this post isn't as detailed as the previous one, just know that I love you so much and get a big kick out of your antics.  Oh, I almost forgot to let you know that you are a total tantrum thrower.  You roll around on the floor, walk around throwing your head back and crying and carrying on.  If you don’t believe me, I have it on tape (or memory disc or whatever we have now). Love you with all my heart!

December 1




 December 5

December 6





No comments:

Post a Comment