Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas House Tour - Christmas Decorations


I think I am done with my Christmas decorating this year.  We will be in California for Christmas so I was a little light, but I think that even if we were going to be here and having a curious 1 year-old would limit how I decorate.

Today, I'm linking up with Kelly at Kelly's Korner for her Christmas House Tour and From Mrs to Mama's Showing Off Christams Decor. Can't wait to see how others have decorated for Christmas!

I’m pretty proud of myself for having a mini tree for each of my boys. They each got their own little theme.  Michael’s tree is decorated with soccer ball ornaments because he’s so passionate about soccer.  Matthew’s tree is decorated with basketball and gingerbread man ornaments.  Basketball because he’s professed his love for the sport although he’s never really played. Gingerbread men because he loved the suggestion that his personality is like a gingerbread cookie – sweet, but has a little kick to it.  Mark’s is decorated with snowman ornaments because he’s so jolly and chubby.







In addition to the 3 mini-trees, I have a 4-foot tree for displaying hand-made ornaments. 


Then we have our Christmas tree we put out by our window.  This year, I strung silver ribbons around and added poinsettia blooms to fill it in a little more.  I think it turned out lovely.  I was really close to using the deco mesh but was too intimidated.  Maybe next year.


This is my favorite ornament.  There were four, but this is the only one left after our tree fell a few years ago.  We lost some really nice ornaments. 


Here’s what the tree looks like all lit up. And I just noticed there's a little stowaway in this picture...

This is our mantel.  I’m not completely happy with this, but it’ll do for this year.  I think the mirror is too small for the space – but M will have a cow if I ask him to change is out again since he just hung it up a couple of months ago.  It’s all about timing….


Dining room and back console table



Here’s a wreath I made myself.  I think it looks pretty good.


This is what’s in a little corner of on our kitchen counter.  


I love the little Santa Claus.  I saw several him at Homegoods and passed on him the first time.  Then I couldn’t stop thinking about how cute he would be in our kitchen so I went back a week later to see if I can find him.  He was the only one left! Tip – if you see something you love at Homegoods, BUY it. You can always return it if you change your mind. And no, Homegoods is not sponsoring my blog.

This is what our front door looks like. The poinsettias have kind of died because we had a freeze here.  I thought that poinsettias loved the cold so I left them out.  Apparently, I don’t know poinsettias.



And because my boys are the biggest reasons to celebrate, here they are in full glory.  Love my munchkins!




No comments:

Post a Comment