My little man, you are 5 months old. I can’t believe that you have been with us for almost half a year. I don’t have your stats for 5 months because we don’t visit Dr. Scott again until next month but if I had to guess, I would say that you grew a couple of inches and have gained at least another couple of pounds. Your neck is strong enough to hold your head up at all times. Here are some things to remember about you at 5 months:
- · YOU’VE STARTED ON RICE CEREAL MIXED WITH FORMULA
- · You are getting better and better at rolling over
- · You will stay on your tummy for much longer now (5-10) minutes before you get ticked off
- · You want to sit up all the time. You hate it when we hold you flat.
- · You love playing with your toys
- · You are more vocal now and you scream much louder, especially right before you get tired
- · You recognize your bottle because you pant and reach out for it when you see it
- · You are a morning person. The first thing you do when you see us in the morning is smile. That’s my favorite part of the day with you. You are so sweet in the morning. I can leave you in our bed for 30 minutes and you are happy just to lay there and play with your toy.
- · You are still wearing size 2 diapers
- · Your wear size 6 months clothes; 3 month clothes are getting way too snug for you
- · I love dressing you in your Polo rompers – you look so preppy and cute!
- · Sky blue looks the best on you
- · You love it when your big brothers are playing around you and they love to make you laugh!
- · You still sleep in our bed and for the past few days, you’re only getting up once a night
- · Your eating habits are still inconsistent – sometimes you have a bottle every 3 hours, sometimes you can last for 8 hours without a bottle.
- · You take about 5-7 ounces each time
|Learning to sit|
|Love that toothless, open-mouth smile!|
|Mesmerized by the TV|