Saturday, November 26, 2011

First Soccer Tournament


Is there such a thing as falling behind on blogging about the events in your life?  If there is, I’m there.  So many exciting things have happened in the past few months that I have not had the time and energy to record it all. 

One of the things I haven’t really written about is Michael’s new soccer team.  He’s been playing for a new Academy team and doing really great on it.  These boys are so good!  They’ve only lost a few games since they’ve started the team. The exciting thing is that Michael is playing as well as the other boys on the team and he seems to really like playing with his new teammates.

Last weekend he participated in his first tournament with his Odyssey team in McKinney.  I didn’t attend the first day because there were three games, and I would have had to take Mark out with me to the fields for 12 hours.  I didn’t think I would be able to handle it. They won all three games.

On Sunday, I went and saw both games.  The first game was to determine which team would play for the tournament championship.  Odyssey lost in a shoot-out, which should not have happened because they should have won 2-1.  The referee was pretty much an idiot and did not see the 2nd goal that one of our boys scored. When the game ended, the score was 1-1 and our team lost by 1 point in a shoot-out. So instead of playing for the championship, the team had to settle for playing for third place, which they won. Oh well.  I don't mind the third place, but I just felt like they were cheated.




No comments:

Post a Comment