Friday, November 25, 2011

Baby Stats

We went in for our first follow-up on Monday (11/14/11) when Mark was 1 week and 4 days old. At this point he was back up to his birth weight of 7 lbs 11oz.  When we were discharged from the hospital, he was at 7 lbs and 4oz so I was very happy that he was putting on weight.

Our 2nd follow-up visit was on Tuesday (11/22/11). Mark was 2 weeks and 5 days old. He gained over a pound, putting him at 8 lbs and 12 oz. He only gained an inch in length - 21 inches,

What a relief for me to know that he's getting enough food.  However, I was told to eat another 300 calories so I don't make skim milk.  My body definitely does not belong to me anymore. Additionally, I'm to cut out dairy completely to see if it reduces gassiness for Mark. This breastfeeding thing sure is not easy, but it's suppose to be best so i'll continue with it for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment