Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Lite

I guess I have just taken an unintended blogging break. To be honest, I have never been a really consistent blogger. Sometimes I intend to post and never get around to it. Several times, I’ve written a post only to delete everything because the post didn’t make sense or didn’t really have a hook or a story. Just ramblings of what I was thinking about at the moment. I think that the pressure to make it interesting has really limited the number of postings. Well, I got to thinking. No one really reads this except for my M so who cares?! This blog really started as a way to document the journeys for my little men. I don’t need to sell my writings or impress anyone. So there.


I can’t believe how quickly Christmas is creeping up on me. Five more days until my little guys leave for Poh-Poh’s house. They are just so excited! I told Matthew this morning that there were only 5 days left and he was literally shaking with excitement. So stinkin’ cute. I love how expressive he is about things. I don’t remember Michael ever being that expressive and he’s still not. It just amazes me how different their personalities.

Because we will not be home for Christmas, I have kept the Christmas décor to a minimum. Stockings are hung by the chimney with care, but I’ve been successful in suppressing my desire to put up a Christmas tree. No garlands hang on the banister, but there is a wreath on our door so we neighbors don’t think we’re the Scrooge family. With the business of having to travel for my job, I think it has help me to tone it down this Christmas. Last year was very toned down too because we were living with my parents. Come next year? Y’all better stand back because we are going to Clark Griswald it.

No comments:

Post a Comment