Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A Clearer Vision by Next Week

So I've decided to take the plunge and get vision correction.  I'm a little nervous because they always tell you that there's a chance of, oh, DEATH in any type of surgery.  I'm trying not to think about that too much.  Then, of course, there's the chance that something goes wrong and I lose my eyesight.  Too scary to think about.  As you can see, I have reasons to be nervous. 

I am very afraid of pain and would not normally elect to have surgery, but I'm tired of wearing glasses and my very, very, very bad vision.  I'm considered to be legally blind without corrective lenses.  I use to be able to wear contact lenses, but my eyes have developed blood vessels due to lack of oxygen from the contact lenses, which is not good.  So, I have been stuck with wearing glasses almost all the time. I hate wearing glasses! My kids knock them down. It gets spotty in the rain, and I can't take yoga classes with them.  After much internal debate, I've decided to get PRK and am scheduled to go into surgery this Friday. I would have gone with LASIK, but I don't qualify because my vision it so bad.

Please send those good vibes and prayers my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment