Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm a Proud Mamma

I try not to watch too much of what is going on in Haiti.  It's not because I'm a heartless person. It's just that it makes me so sad to see all the suffering.  I know in my heart that things are tragic there and I do feel terrible for the people of Haiti.  I just don't feel that its necessary to see the news loop over and over again.

I always mean to donate or do something to contribute to the relief effort, but there is always something else that I have to get to first.

As I was folding laundry last week, Michael comes over and tells me that we need to go the http://www.redcross.org/. I ask him why, and he told me that this is the website we have to go to to find out how we can help the people in Haiti. I'm pretty sure he saw one of the commercials, but I was touched by him wanting to help. He looked so concerned and was so insistent that we help.  So we went to the Red Cross website and he discovered that we can donate $10 with texting.  I handed him the cell phone and he did his small part to help others.

I am so proud of my little boy and I thank God that he understands other people's suffering and wants to help. I pray that he will not lose that sense of responsibilty as he becomes a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment