Friday, January 08, 2010

The Missing Piece

A couple of days ago, M had to go down to San Luis Obispo on a business trip and Matthew and I were able to tag along. Michael had to stay behind, unfortunately, because of this little thing called school. We stayed at little hotel called Avila La Fonda in Avila Beach which is 15 minutes north of SLO. I was very skeptical because I've never even heard of this place.

When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised.  It's such a cute little beach town. Clean, quaint, and no big crowds. Our hotel was beautiful with friendly and helpful staff, and 1 short block away from the beach.  Matthew and I had an awesome time walking on the beach and hunting for shells to bring back to Michael. 

The most memorable moment for me, however, was when M and I took Matthew for a walk on the pier.  Matthew chattered on and on about anything and everything. How today was a beeuutiiiful day and that the beach was so nice, and he was having a great time. Then he said, "But we are missing a piece and that piece is Michael." As a mother, this is one of best things that a son can say. I know that Michael and Matthew are as close as 2 brothers can be, but to hear him say something so sweet shows me that I'm doing a good job of teaching him the value of family. And it makes me so proud that my little 4-year old already understands this.

The next time we go back to Avila Beach in a couple of weeks, we will bring the missing piece with us.


Matthew and M at Avila Beach.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:04 PM

    I love when they say nice things to each other.

    ReplyDelete