Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Here and There

I'm happy to report that I'm hitting the gym again after, oh, 3 years give or take. No, it's not my New Year's resolution to lose weight.  I don't make resolutions.  I've just been feeling a little sluggish lately and decided that it was time to do something about it.  Also, my clothes are getting a little snug and since I'm still a temporary SAHM, I can't really afford to spend the dough on a new wardrobe. I'm patting myself on the back for going pretty much every day for 2 weeks now. Being able to take the kids with me and dropping them off at "Kids' Zone" helps.  They love going with me and after I pick them up, they always take the time to ask me how my workout went.

This week, Michael is celebrating the first 100 days of 1st grade.  One of his assignments for this celebration is to collect 100 of something and find a creative way of displayinng them.  Michael's idea was to make sunflowers out of paper and glue 100 sunflower seeds on the seed pods.  I am so proud of him for coming up with that idea.  I think it turned out pretty good. 



This weekend, we are planning a short trip to Pismo and Avila Beaches.  We took Matthew there a few weeks ago and we had a blast.  This time we will be taking both kids with us.  It should be a great weekend getaway even if we are expecting some showers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment