Thursday, December 10, 2009

Santa Claus

Michael and Matthew got to make their gift requests to Santa last Saturday. I don't think Michael cared all that much about Santa Claus.  Matthew was excited, but I just didn't see any excitement from Michael.  I think that Michael is more mild mannered and more reserved around others.  I don't see a lot of passion from him.  Matthew, on the other hand is Mr. Drama Queen.  Everything is either a tragedy or the greatest thing ever.  When he's hungry, he's "so, so hungry.  I'm going to die.  You're making me dead." When he loves you it's "I love you infinity!" He's got a lot of fire in him to say the least.

I was underwhelmed by this year's visit to Santa.  The event was touted as "Brunch with Santa," but really it was more like "store-bought boxed pastries and some grapes with Santa." Sure there were some neat crafts there, but my expectations were a  little higher since I paid $20 bucks for each kid. Anyway, I think the best part of the whole visit for the kids was when they each received a candy cane from Mrs. Claus.  Matthew discovered his was broken and ran back to Santa to exchange it for a new one.
At least we didn't have to wait in a long line at the mall for a picture with Santa.






No comments:

Post a Comment