Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Loony Bin

I find myself being a single mom again this week and it’s been getting to me. Actually, it got to me Monday night. M travels a lot for work and it’s usually not that big of a deal since it’s been 3 years and I kind of got use to it. Well, with all the moving to CA business, he’s curbed his traveling for the past 2-3 weeks so my routine changed. Now that he’s traveling again I feel like I’ve had to start all over with having to get use to him being gone. The short of it all is that it sucks. And I know it sucks for the boys too because they are being more unruly than usual.

Monday night, I put them to bed at 8:30 and they did not settle down until at least 9:30. They were playing, laughing, fighting and altogether being 2 very bad listeners with bad listening ears. I threatened, pleaded and screamed to no avail. Needless to say, I was what they say “at my wits end.” So I pulled out the scare tactic from my bag of bad parenting. And I am not ashamed.

I told Michael that they were going to send me to the loony bin because they were driving me crazy. He asked me what the loony bin was and I told him that it was a place where they send people who went crazy. I said that if he and Matthew don’t start behaving, the loony bin people were going to come take me away and they won’t see me ever again. Does he want that to happen? Things settled down a little after that.

1 comment:

  1. Dude that's awesome. I'll have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete