Tuesday, September 22, 2009

How 'bout Them Cowboys?

We had the good fortune to see the Cowboys play their 1st home game against the NY Giants at THE new Cowboys Stadium last Sunday. Let me tell you, there was a lot of hype. Every radio and TV station talked up this game and how historic this event will be. It was hard not to buy in on the hype. I was ready to go buy myself a Cowboys jersey until I saw how much it cost. And then I realized I’m really not a Cowboys fan. Them are fighten’ words here in Cowboys territory.
Regardless, I was very excited to see the new stadium with my own eyes, and it was fun to see the pageantry of the 1st home game. The Cowboys Stadium is pretty impressive. Like most everything else in Texas, it is Huge with a capital “H.”

We had awesome seats! Row 20 in the lower bowl. Awesome. A huge Texas “thank you” to Chris M for our tickets. There was so much going on even before the game started. Former President George W. Bush and Laura Bush were there to do the coin toss. The Dallas Cheerleaders performed. I have to admit, I was as mesmerized by them as M was. These ladies are beautiful and they can sure move those hips.

And the game? It was pretty exciting. The last field goal decided the game in favor of the NY Giants 33-31, which was a little bit of a let down. All in all, we had a great time and I was glad we were able to be a part of the hype, even if it did cost us $60 just to park.

Cowboys Stadium

Game in progress

Ring of Honor, honoring the Cowboys of the past. You can't really see them, but Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, and the other Cowyboys greats are in this picture.



Then there's us: M, me, Grayson and Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment