Monday, August 10, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ballgame...

M and I took Michael and Matthew to see the Rough Riders game this Saturday and had a lot of fun. And before I write about anything else, it’s official. My kids are the cutest ever and here’s why.

As we walked through the ballpark gate, we were approached by one of the gals who put on the little contests they have in between innings. She asked how old the boys were and I said 6 and 4. She asked if they would want to participate in the on-field games. Michael is shy, so he declined and we thought Matthew might be too young so we declined for him. In the end, they didn’t go out there, but the point is, they were asked which proves that they are the cutest kids ever. Sure, they found some other kids to do it, but those kids were second choices.

I was very surprised that Michael really was interested in watching the game. He paid attention to strikes and balls. I’d hear him say, “Uh-oh he’s got 3 balls. 1 more ball and he gets to walk.” Or “This guy has 14 homeruns. He’s good!”

He danced when the songs blared on, and was on the lookout for flying baseballs. Unfortunately, no baseball came our way, but we had fun watching out for them nonetheless.

Matthew was not as interested. He played with his Gameboy most of the time, but I think he had fun eating the popcorn and ice cream. We did not stay the whole game because they had a big day swimming at the pool with the Chen girls earlier and were exhausted by the 6th inning.

It was such a joy to be able to share this new experience with them. Michael wants to see a football game next. I would love to take him to a Cowboys game, but I might have to start playing the lotto first. I just found out that it costs $5 for a bottle of water at the Cowboy Stadium. I can’t imagine how much tickets are if they can charge $5 for a bottle of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment