Thursday, June 04, 2009

Aloha, Kindergarten!

Today is a pretty big day. It’s the last day of school for Michael. Not just the last day of school, but the last day of Kindergarten. Yep, that’s right. After today, I am officially the mother of a 1st grader. I’m not old enough to have a son in 1st grade, am I? Shut your mouths. Rhetorical question, people.

Moving on, I was able to take off work early to take part in the festivities. I had a lot of fun watching Michael interact with his classmates. When it comes to competition, he takes after M. more than me. He puts his heart and soul into winning and into cheering his teammates on.

His class was divided into 2 teams and had a couple of relay races; the beachball race where they had to put a beach ball between their legs and hop the length of the race, and the sponge race. It was a lot of fun watching the children get so into the races. In the end, the 2 teams tied both races (wink, wink) and everybody got a popsicle so all was good. What a way to end the school year!

Chillin' with friends A and A

Beach ball race

Sponge race

A nice cold treat

My little 1st grader

No comments:

Post a Comment