Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Still Here

So it's been a long hot minute since my last post. I don't know why but I just have not been really into writing lately. Blame it on COVID. I just felt overwhelmed every time I sat down to write. I've missed a lot and I may go back and do some highlight posts but for now, here's the low-down of what we've been up to lately.

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house again this year. That's alway a fun event. We had the traditional Thanksgiving food, but the boys requested Peking duck again this year so we added that to our menu. It was a pretty laid back day. Of course, I didn't take any pictures except for this one before everyone came over.

Mark did an amazing job in helping to set the table. He LOVES this part of hosting Thanksgiving. We did a semi-formal setting this year so there were more plates and glasses to set out. He has great eyes for the small details.



Snowflake made his appearance and brought the boys some hot chocolate bombs which is all the rage right now. I am thrilled that Mark is still into this tradition.


What do you do when you have hot chocolate bombs are waiting for you? You make hot chocolate and decorate the tree! I have to say, I'm quite happy on how the ribbon on the trees turned out this year. It's so much easier and looks much better when you cut the ribbons before you work it into the tree. Don't let this picture fool you. This was the only ornament he hung. Haha! 

This boy was the most excited to decorate for Christmas. He actually did most of the decorating around the house. 

Matthew hung the most ornaments out of the the three boys. and the only one wearing a shirt. Haha!


Mark picked out another ornament for Michael and Matthew this year. Last year, he picked out different birds for each of them. This year, he picked our different owls. 



I love that this is turning into a family tradition. He already has picked out a theme for next year - snow globes. Can't wait to see what he will chose for them.

The boys are back "in" school today. I was certain that school was going online after Thanksgiving break because the COVID numbers have been exploding, but am thankful that the district is still giving us parents a choice as to either go virtual or in-person. Mark and Michael are in-person and Matthew is going to school virtually.

I've been substitute teaching for the district and I have to say that I am really liking it. I've discovered hat teaching the high schoolers is much easier than the elementary school kiddos, which is the opposite of what I thought it would be. I'm sure it's completely different from a regular school year, but it's really neat to see what different classes are doing.

The best room I've been in is this one. I would have loved to have a classroom like this when I was in school.


This is my little set-up in the back of the room. I had time to work on some of my own things while the students were working with their teacher during their online instruction time.



No comments:

Post a Comment