Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Weekend News

I'm not sure how to classify this weekend.  Was it good? Yes, for the most part, but I got some tragic news about a someone I worked with for a number of years.  And of course, when you've worked together for over 4 years, you become friends, even if you don't do anything together outside of work.  So, yes, I got some tragic news about a friend of mine.  She decided to end her life this weekend.  I don't know many details and I don't know what led her to make this decision.  I know that she has been out of work for over 2 years and broke up with her boyfriend recently.  I'm not sure if those were reasons enough to drive her to want to not live anymore.

I know that we've been trying to get together for a lunch date, but then I has to postpone.  Then there was the family vacation so I we couldn't meet up until after we got back.  Then when I got back from vacation, I needed time to settle back into our routine so we couldn't meet up that week.  Then it was too late. I don't know what I'm trying to say, but I keep thinking that maybe I could've done something to prevent the outcome.  I know it's ridiculous to think this way, but still.

Anyway, I just couldn't help thinking about her after I heard the news, so I thought I'd write it down and hopefully find some peace.

Our weekend was pretty quiet.  The boys played with their friends. We are enjoying game-free weekend.  Soccer and lacrosse games start next week. 

Tonight, we are celebrating M's birthday with a dinner at home.  His birthday is actually tomorrow, but he has a soccer game so he requested that we have it tonight. His parents are coming over, so I hope the food turns out well! I'm planning on roasting a chicken and serving it with potato au gratin.  Whoop! I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Took some pictures of this little cutie this weekend. He is WALKING!






No comments:

Post a Comment