Tuesday, May 01, 2012

A Day at the Zoo

Michael and his classmates went on a field trip to the Ft. Worth Zoo today. I volunteered to be a chaperone. I’m glad they only gave us 3 kids each because I would not be able to handle more than that. They were good kids. It’s just they are so active and I am getting old.

It was a perfect day for the zoo – warm, but not too hot. We got there around 10am and walked around in the MOLA Exhibit for an hour and a half. The boys wanted to see EVERY reptile and amphibian in the exhibit. I must say, I was a trooper because those things are repulsive to me.

After that met the class for lunch outside the Crocodile Café and went onward to see the African Safari and Asian Falls. It was a bit smelly and by that point, the boys were a little bored. We took a little break and I treated the boys to some snow cones. By the time they finished, it was time to meet up with the class again to get back on the bus.

It was a beautiful day and I had a great time. The best part was when the kids were waiting to get on the bus (chaperones had to drive there), Michael said to me, “Bye, Mommy. I love you.” Awww…I heart my Baby!

He only calls me “Mommy” when he’s deliriously happy with me. And to top it off, he gave me a kiss on the lips. IN PUBLIC, people!

Our little group.  I threatened to stay here all day if they didn't give me a good picture.

Snake touching.  Yuck.  Thanks goodness I always carry hand sanitizer with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment