Wednesday, July 17, 2019

California Dreaming' Part 3

On Saturday morning, Mark snd I drove M to the airport in San Francisco and then drove down to Hollister to spend some time with my sister and niece.

On our way there, we saw a cute little farmers market so we decided to stop and buy some fruit and some corn. Nothing beats fresh-picked corn. It was so yummy. This is one of the things I really miss about California. The area where we live is dotted with these little farmers' markets and fresh fruit stands. I hope they don't start disappearing.

The next morning, I woke up early and went out on their porch to enjoy some coffee before anyone else was awake. So refreshing that I can sit outside during summer without getting bitten to death by those dang mosquitos! Got a little bit of Texas with me!

After everyone was up, we went into town to have breakfast at this tiny little cafe called the Cozy Cafe. It was cute and the food was pretty good. 


We drove back to Morgan Hill at about noon so I can meet up with my friend Jill for lunch in Los Gatos. I've known Jill since we started working together at an advertising agency right after I graduated from college. So I guess we've been friends for over 20 years? Anyway, she's going through a rough patch in her life and I wanted to be there to listen. 

Later that evening, we took the kids to see the San Jose Giants. Michael and Matthew weren't really into it, but I wanted them to go out and be with family. It was forced family fun. They are definitely at the age where they would rather stay home and do nothing but I feel like it's my duty to make them do things even if they don't want to participate. Mark had a great time, though.





On our last full day in California, we went strawberry picking! We've been doing this every year when we visit California and I hope to continue this for as long as I can. I can feel that it's coming to an end though because the older boys were fighting it a little. Michael says he wasn't going to pick any, but he couldn't resist those yummy red, ripe strawberries. It was a beautiful day to be out there and because it was a Monday, we were pretty much the only ones there.









So delicious. I love, love, love fresh strawberries!

My brother made these. So good!

Later that afternoon, I took the boys to Santa Clara University because Michael wanted to grab a few things from the book store. It was a short visit, but we took the long way to get to the book store. We walked through the renovated Benson Center and I was very impressed. It definitely looks a lot better than it did when I was going to school there.






The next day, it was time to fly back home. It was great trip, but like every other trip, it was good to get back home. We will see you again next summer, California!

He wanted me to tie his hair up so he can see.

On a side note, Mark made these signs and hung on the guest room door at my parents. I just love how his brain works!



No comments:

Post a Comment