Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The Last Remnants of Summer Break

Next week my boys will all be going to school. Not sure how I feel about it yet, Yes, it will be nice to have the house clean and picked up for more than 30 minutes, but this is such a big year for everyone. My last baby is starting Kindergarten. My first baby is starting high school.  HIGH SCHOOL, you guys! And my middle one officially starts middle school.

Anyway, we've been enjoying that few days of no schedules and structure.

Mark was invited to attend Karate Camp with Carter on Friday. I wasn't sure if he was going to be into it because we tried karate class last year and it didn't go over well, but he agreed to go.

This was after he took Carter away from us and whispered in his ear. I later asked him what he said and he told me that it's a secret only for his friend to hear.

He did not want to take a picture.

They were so cute watching a slideshow together...

And in case you haven't heard, there was a solar eclipse yesterday. My friend Monica hosted a Solar Eclipse party and we had an awesome time. What an experience for the kiddos (for 2 minutes anyway). They swam, looked at the sun once in a while and had fun with playing with their friends.

Monica made these boxes because the glasses she ordered from Amazon never got delivered.


The boxes also made an excellent carrier.

Her husband brought out his welding mask and we all took turns looking through it.

Then some friends came and brought a few pairs of the solar glasses to share.

Mark and Jack together again. They are going to different schools this fall. Hailey photobombing. Haha.

These two were pretty much the only boys in the pool until Jaxson arrived.


The box worked too....


My friend Dana got a picture of the sun with her phone camera after lots of tries. I wasn't about to go through the same thing so I asked her to text it to me.

We are looking forward to totality in Dallas in 7 years. Maybe I should order the glasses now?


No comments:

Post a Comment