Wednesday, June 28, 2017

What's Up Wednesday



I'm joining the "What's Up Wednesday" fun with Mel, Sheaffer and Shay this week. 

What We’re Eating This Week
It’s all about grilling this time of the year. Far less time to clean up and more time to swim. Fresh corn is on my menu a lot in the summer. 

What I’m Reminiscing About
My middle monkey turned 12 this month so it won’t be long before I have 2 teenage sons on my hands. He’s still such a sweetie and still loves to cuddle with this mama, but I know that this will change soon. Sad face.

I miss his chubby little face so much. 



What I’m Loving
Lazy summer days. I’m loving that we don’t have to rush around in the morning to get everybody out of the house or hurry from one activity to the next. I love that we can just hang around the house in our jammies all day if we want to. I don’t sign my kids up for camp over summer breaks – so we pick up and go to the park or have playdates with friends when the mood strikes us.

What I’ve Been Up To
We just got back from our Florida trip. Such a fun trip. We’ve been swimming a lot and just enjoying our break.

We've been painting

catching lizards in our backyard

going to the pool with our friends 



and of course, lots of swimming in our pool




What I’m Dreading
Nothing!

What I’m Working On
I’m working on getting paperwork done for the upcoming school year. Boring. I’m also working on decluttering. First up? My closet! I’ve realized that there’s lots of stuff in there that doesn’t need to be in there – boxes, clothes that I don’t wear, wire hangers (yuck), etc.

This book is my inspiration.

And as I was searching on Amazon for it, I came across this book. This might be fun to read. Haha.

What I’m Excited About
Some alone time with my main squeeze. This summer we have not one, but 2 trips planned without the kids. We are spending 10 day in Hawaii (one of my fave places to be) and another week in Puerta Vallerta (new place to see).

What I’m Watching/Reading
Since it’s summer and not much is on (that I know of), M and I have been watching Dateline, 48 Hours, and 20/20 together. We are so exciting. Haha.


I’ve started “The Last Anniversary” by Liane Moriarty. I’ve also got a bunch more of her books on Kindle to take with me on our trips.

What I’m Listening to:
Whatever is on the radio…

What I’m Wearing
Shorts, tank tops, summer dresses and flip-flops. Oh-and swimsuits!

What I’m Doing This Weekend
Hawaiian Falls with friends, celebrating the Fourth of July fireworks and packing for California!

What I’m Looking Forward to Next Month
Our family trip to California and quality time with the hubby in Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment