Monday, May 17, 2010

Hooray for Weekends!

What a happy, busy weekend we've had! It was all about the boys.  They had their last soccer games of the season Saturday so we celebrated with team BBQs.  It was actually "Sweets Fest" for Michael and Matthew since they ate none of the actual BBQ food and all the cupcakes and cookies their hearts desired. Matthew's team, the Little Dragons, won 6 games out of 7, so they had a very successful season.  As for Michael's team, it was not so successful in the winning department.  They were 0-5-2.  But Michael really enjoyed playing this season more than any other season, I think.  Most of it had to do with M being the coach for his team I think. Even though they did not win any games, I think it was a great opportunity for Michael to hang out with his Daddy.  He always wants to make his Daddy proud, much like any other little boys.

Matty showing off his soccer medal


Michael and Hunter admiring their soccer medal

On Sunday, we headed out to my favorite place to take the boys, Gilroy Gardens.  It's an amusement park that's perfect for children their age.  I also love all the different trees, flowers, and water features throughout the park. Michael loves going on the roller-coaster.  It was so great to see him screaming and laughing on the ride.  He definitely is his father's child.  Matthew was scared and kept telling M. to hold him tight on the ride.  He later admitted that he was scared that the roller-coaster would go too fast that his seat belt would break and he would fall out. Crazy kid!

Needless to say, we had a busy, but fun weekend. It'll be awhile until I can do anything with them again on the weekend, so I'm happy that they had a good time. The next few weeks will be challenging for me. I am looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. I just can't wait for things to settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment