Monday, October 16, 2017

Girls Trip to Austin 2017

I was so grateful that my old friends decided to come and visit! We thought this called for a girls' trip to Austin. We had so much fun catching up and reminiscing about our college years. Even though we hadn't all been together for over a decade, it felt like it was just yesterday since we all got together.

On our drive there, we had to make a stop at Buc-ee's to check it out. We decided that it was the mother of all gas stations.

We checked into our Airbnb (I will never ever do Airbnb again-it's another story for another time) and met up with Claudine to eat a a food truck yard and had drinks on Rainy Street. We toasted to Wanda's birthday!

They next morning we went to brunch on South Congress Street, I don't remember the name of the place we ate, but we all thought we needed to have some healthy juices that morning instead of a bloody mary. What were we thinking?!

This is my favorite picture from that weekend.

We went to dinner and I had orange wine for the first time. I can't say I'm a fan but it was worth a try.

I confessed that I alway carry my lucky hundred dollar and two dollar bills in my wallet and all the girls one with with them as well. What a funny coincidence!

After dinner, we walked around Rainy Street and stopped at a few other bars for drinks. Then we had to stop at the donut truck for some cinnamon sugared donuts. It was pipping hot and so good!

Claudine made reservations for a Speak Easy, so we headed over the 6th Street where it was located. Sixth street was packed and there were lots of interesting people to watch. Lots and lots of college kids. After that we felt we needed tacos from a taco truck. It hit the spot! I think were out until 2 in the morning. We were so proud! Haha!

Next morning, we went to South Congress Cafe for brunch. We opted for cocktails instead of healthy juices.

Claudine decided to stay behind in Austin so we drove off without her. Thanda and Wanda wanted to stopped by Magnolia Market, but it was all closed. We got some great pictures though!


We will need to do this again in another year. We waited too long for this reunion.




No comments:

Post a Comment