Monday, October 10, 2016

The Big 4-0

I turned 40 this year! Do I feel different? Not really.  Do I look different? Probably. My waist is a little wider and my face is a little droopier but I'm OK with it.  I don't do a lot of reflecting during my birthdays, but I'm going to take a little bit of time this year.

I can honestly say that I'm in such a good place in my life and I give thanks everyday to those who have made my life as good as it is. I am so fortunate to have such strong and hard-working parents who have worked so long and hard to give me the life that I have today.  I am lucky to have found a best friend and a loving partner to go through life with. I am especially blessed to have 3 strong-willed and healthy boys to raise.

So, there's my moment of reflection. How did I celebrate? I had a girls' weekend with a few good friends! Thanks to my lovely hubby for taking care of the reservations for a night at the Dallas Fairmont and a wonderful dinner at Tei-An.

We drove into Dallas and got pedicures to start off the day. Then we headed to Klyde Warren Park and had lunch from one of the food trucks. It was such a perfect day to relax and chat with these girls.



It was the Red Rivalry Weekend and they had the game on on a big screen - this is Texas football, people!

We saw a trolley and decided to hop on and ride through Uptown Dallas to explore. What a great way to see Dallas! I can't believe we've been here for more than 7 years and I didn't even know there was a trolley.



Then we decided that we needed some retail therapy and made a stop at Northpark Mall. I haven't been to the mall just to walk around and window shop in a very long time. We had to change our dinner reservations because we spent more time there than we anticipated.

After some cardio at the mall, we went and checked in to our room and got ready for dinner! We ended the weekend festivities with brunch at one of my favorite restaurants.  It was such a fun weekend and I'm so grateful to be able to spend it with some good friends.


Love these lovely ladies and am so grateful for their friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment